Being born in 1886 Dr Edward Bach’s human body awareness was well beyond mainstream medicine of his time. He was a medical doctor in London, England who specialised in bacteriology and immunology. Self-learning he found smaller doses of vaccines (likened to homeopathy) would get much better results with his patients.
Dr Bach discovered how to treat bacterial infections with his 7 homeopathic nosodes that are still in use today. The 7 nosodes lined up with his heavily researched 7 personality types.
This connection is so relevant for today’s naturopathic knowledge that emotional health effects gut health and visa-versa.
He concluded the same personality type may not get the same dis-ease but would react similar in their behaviour, mood and state of mind. With great success he was treating his patients purely based on their emotional temperaments.
“Treat the person – not the disease, the cause not the effect” Dr Bach
It is only now that mainstream medicine is discovering how mental health is directly connected to physical health. Trying to ‘fix’ physical ailments, especially chronic disease, without addressing the emotional-mental state first is an uphill battle.
The list below are the 7 negative emotional states with the corresponding positive emotional outcome using the Bach Flower Essences from that particular group.
- FEAR (face your fears) : Mimulus, Aspen, Rock Rose, Cherry Plum, Red Chestnut.
- INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES (love the day) : Honeysuckle, Clematis, Chestnut Bud, White Chestnut, Wild Rose, Mustard, Olive.
- LONELINESS (reach out to others) : Heather, Impatiens, Water Violet.
- UNCERTAINTY (know your mind) : Hornbeam, Gentian, Gorse, Scleranthus, Wild Oat, Cerato.
- DESPONDENCY OR DESPAIR (find joy and hope) : Star of Bethlehem, Willow, Elm, Pine, Sweet Chestnut, Larch, oak, Crab Apple.
- OVER-CARE FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS (live and let live) : Vine, Vervain, Beech, Chicory, Rock Water.
- OVER-SENSITIVE TO INFLUENCES and IDEAS (stand your ground) : Centaury, Walnut, Holly, Agrimony.
For more information on individual Bach Flower Essences, download the FREE cheat sheet on this website under the BFE tab. Feel free to share this article with your friends and family.
If you would like to learn more about the Bach Flower Essences, caring for your own families’ wellness, book into my Beginner’s guide to the Bach Flower Essences’ 2 hour workshop, under the BFE tab.
Private Naturopathy consultations are available, either by phone, email or in person. Contact me directly for appointments;
0487 345774 or email@example.com